The BIM/VDC Manager will manage Convergence Control and Engineering’s BIM/VDC team which generates data rich models and drawings for most of the company’s work. The BIM/VDC Manager will coordinate and manage personnel who perform the modeling, detailing & coordination of systems, work with both internal and external stakeholders to define BIM/VDC scope, review RFPs, BIM/VDC execution plans and other contractual documents to ensure accurate and high-quality deliverables. This individual shall represent Convergence Controls and Engineering BIM/VDC capabilities to clients and project partners. This role requires leadership & management skills, technical proficiency, proactive communication skills, and attention to detail.
BIM/VDC Manager will perform the following tasks:
- Lead in the development and implementation, enforcement and maintenance of corporate BIM and VDC standards and standardized drawings (symbols, title blocks, borders, etc.).
- Work with Autodesk (latest versions), including AutoCAD and its current MEP systems design tools.
- Maintain Revit as well as other forms or packages of the BIM environment.
- Perform collision detection analysis utilizing Navisworks for all projects at intervals as determined by the design and construction teams.
- Provide technical support for all BIM and VDC software.
- Provide expert level production support utilizing BIM and Virtual Design and Construction tools.
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions.
- Interact on project standards coordination with clients.
- Provide training and supervision of in-house AutoCAD and Revit users. Develop training budgets and overall scope for user training.
- Manage customization of BIM and VDC programs.
- Maintain BIM and VDC document archive and retrieval for projects. Archive completed projects.
- Communicate with upper management regarding the research and implementation of software updates and/or new technology.
- Provide leadership, strategic planning and vision to the firm in the area of BIM and VDC.
- Assist with the evaluation and hiring of qualified BIM / VDC operators and designers.
- Oversee potential 3D scanning efforts in field.
- Provide input to ongoing marketing materials and business development efforts.
- Work with the IT department creating deployments and assisting with hardware and software related issues.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of BIM / VDC experience in a professional services environment, preferably in an A/E firm or general, mechanical or electrical contractor. Design experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of and direct support experience in required software (AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Navisworks, Revit, etc.)
- Support and manage BIM and VDC production operations,required software, and collaboration on these platforms together with IT staff, office staff and project staff.
- Leadership ability & supervisory skills a plus.
- Demonstrate innovative problem solving and proactive communication.
- Ability to manage plotting and archiving drawing files.
- Skilled at creating and maintaining established firm format standards for standard CAD, Revit, or similar applications.
- In-depth knowledge of translation programs.
- Knowledge of customization and programming in Revit.
- Knowledge of drawing and editing commands, including applicable drafting techniques.
- Understand software related to Virtual Design and Construction, such as databases, specifically table formats which allow for the extraction of assigned data to design elements.
- Programming skills like VBA (Visual LISP or .NETBasic for Applications) a plus.
Office based position. May travel to project related meetings and project sites.
A degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture is a plus. Professional certification in Revit and AutoCAD preferred.
About Convergence Controls and Engineering
Convergence Controls & Engineerings’ common values establish a culture where our people are free to be the best they can be. Our work environment is one where we are motivated to respond quickly to client needs and to discover new ways to solve problems. It is our belief that if we hire people who share our common values, and give them freedom and responsibility, those people become a powerful competitive advantage for us; while being able to provide a great opportunity for them. If you think you have what it takes to be one of the best in your field, this is the team for you! We offer competitive compensation; health, dental and life insurance; 401(k) contributions as well as paid time off.
Interested Candidates should submit a resume to Contacts@C-Controls.com or through the inquiry form at www.Convergence-CE.com/careers