Instrument and Controls Technician I
This position requires the I&C Technician to implement control systems for industrial processes and machinery that meet our client’s requirements. The location where this work is performed is typically a client facility or site that could be located remotely from the home office location. The work performed would be under the direction of the Technical Services Manager with the expectation that tasks would be executed independently.
The ideal candidate would have a diverse skill set with the ability to adapt well in a variety (and sometimes challenging) situations and environments. As the position will have direct interface with clients, attention to detail and the ability to describe/document the tasks performed that shows value to the client is essential.
Education – An Associate’s degree in Industrial Control and Instrumentation Technology, Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology or similar is desired.
Experience – 1 to 5 years with capabilities in below areas is preferred:
- Knowledge and the ability to make modifications to PLC/RTU/HMI hardware/software platforms
suchRockwell Automation, Fisher ROC, Siemens, Modicon
- Knowledge and the ability to install, test, calibrate and tune instrumentation from Rosemont, E&H, etc.
- Knowledge of final control elements such as motorized valves and other actuators
- Knowledge of measurement systems from Emerson, ABB and Omni o Knowledge of industrial networking used to connect control system components and instrumentation
- Knowledge of telemetry systems including MDS and Freewave radio systems, cellular and VSAT
- Experience in industries such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Food & Beverage and Life Sciences is desired
- Experience with electrical schematics, including power distribution under 480VAC, control panels
andassociated NEC references desired
- Experience with test equipment from Hart 475, Hand Pumps, RTD Calibrators, Thermocouple Calibrators and etc.
Travel – As projects require and depending on the work load in area of residence.
About Convergence Controls and Engineering
CCE’s common values define a culture where our people are set free to be the best they can be. They define an environment where we are motivated to respond quickly to client needs and to discover new ways to solve problems. It
Interested candidates should submit a resume to [email protected]